Saturday, October 25, 2014

The L Word

1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
In my journey with the Lord, I've realized how easy it is to get distracted. God uses so many people today to perform miracles, healings, prophecy etc. and while there is nothing wrong in hoping in the Lord for these things, it becomes concerning when these things become the objective. 
The very core of God, is love. If I walk upright and go to church every Sunday, but lack love in my heart then these acts become trivial and hollow. God's love is the footing that keeps my life together. Without His love as my basis, my infrastructure of life becomes compromised and the slightest wind can knock everything down.
I often find my focus in going deeper into relationship with God becoming obfuscated. It either turns into me just attempting to better myself as a person... Which ultimately and inevitably leads to pride and failure, or I begin treating God as a means to and end. I focus on the material goal itself, rather than God. But every time, in His grace, He helps me realize that my focus has shifted. He shows me that He is the root. Drawing closer to Him will transform me naturally, as a matter of course. And when I cast down my idols and put Him as my ultimate goal, before I even realize it, I find that my needs have been met. 
It's all about Him. God's love is foundational. It lays the groundwork for everything else. All He asks is for our hearts, which He more than deserves, and He provides everything else so we can find peace in Him... We never have to worry about our futures so long as we are pursuing Him with our hearts. What an awesome God.
I've been starting my mornings in prayer, asking the Lord to remind me of His love daily. To never let me regard His love as commonplace. To never let me speak of His love frivolously. God, admonish me daily that the changes and gifts I desire are purposeless without Your love as the root. 
Lord I pray for all who seek You, to increase in hope and increase in faith, but most of all, increase in Your love. All You want is our hearts, God, help us feel this overflow of Your heart for us. May we fall in love with You deeper every day. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment